Today was a COLD Spring day in North Carolina but I was inspired by our Lilac bush to create a look using purples. Purple is one of my absolute favorite colors!
This gave me a great chance to play with color using my Urban Decay Spectrum Palette. It has three gorgeous purple shades that are quite unique: Omen, Flashback and Voodoo.
I knew I also wanted to use my Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette as well. Buon Fresco calls to me daily! It’s my favorite shade in there. It’s just perfection and I knew it would be the perfect lavender matte shade to pull everything together.
On my face:
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer
- E.L.F. Pressed Powder
- Pixi By Petra Bronzer in Summertime for face,nose contour
- Wet N Wild Highlighter in Precious Petals
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Paarty
On my eyes (shadow) :
A combination of ABH Modern Renaissance with Urban Decay Spectrum
From ABH Modern Renaissance:
- Tempera mixed with Vermeer as a base color and brow bone highlight
- Buon Fresco all over
From UD Spectrum :
- Flashback in the crease and blown way out
- Voodoo in the crease and slightly blown out to deepen
- I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden just on my lid and winged it out to create the cut crease effect.
- Omen was added directly over top of the primer with my finger to really bring out its color.
- Flashback was used under my bottom lash line as liner with Voodoo to deepen it toward the outer corner. Omen was used closer to inner corner.
Also on my eyes/lips:
- Colour Pop Gel Liner Pot in Cry Baby for winged liner
- Tarte Maneater Liner in the water line and smudged under my eyes
- Maybelline Colossal Big Shot Mascara
- Studio 10 for brows
- Tarte Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Birthday Suit
The Colour Pop liner is rocking my world. I may have to invest in many more of these pastel shades for Spring! I at the very least want a blue one! They are inexpensive and work so well! I will admit that the formula took me a few tries to really “get”. I was doing too many layers and it cracked and became flaky on my lids. Now though,no issue!
“And stay, my dear
forever, as my quiet song,
in my lilac dawn.”
~ Sanober Khan
“The lilac branches are bowed under the weight of the flowers: blooming is hard, and the most important thing is – to bloom. “
Until next time…
Stopping to smell the lilac,