I’m new to Makeup Revolution. I’ve been cruising it online and on youTube for around a year. It wasn’t sold in stores here in the states until recently. Last week I finally got my first glimpse at Ulta! For the inexpensive price tag and awesome swatches I’ve seen…I knew one palette needed to go home with me.
I chose the Welcome To The Pleasuredome Salvation palette. Retail price $10.00
The colors are GORGEOUS and they definately do NOT skimp on packaging! WOW!
This palette is a great mix of cool and warm tone..mattes and shimmers…neutrals and fun pops of color!
The shimmers finger swatch AMAZING but the mattes threw me when they didn’t. Knowing swatches don’t tell the full story I was excited to play and see the truth about how they perform! I was not disappointed! I was shocked at how pigmented the mattes are! WOW!
These shadows are FANTASTIC. I can not say enough about how well they apply and blend! I am not wearing any primer in these photos aside from on my lid and I didn’t have to pack anything on to get the color pan accurate!
I didn’t use the brush that is included with the palette. I used my own e.l.f and Luxie brushes instead.
For my look today I wanted to make a fun colored cut crease using Sell It By The Hour … the sea-foam green shade. Those types of colors usually aren’t my thing but I went with it.
- I used Welcome To The Pleasuredome as my brow bone highlight. It is GORGEOUS. It’s a light gold shimmer that was BLINGGGG!
- Xanadu was my transition color,a beautiful shimmery beige
- I used Long Way From Home first in my crease…this shade is super pigmented and darker than I envisioned.
- I deepened the crease with Moving A Million Miles An Hour and also used this under the bottom lash line as liner.
- I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden on the lid to carve out the cut crease section then applied Sell It By The Hour over that. I applied a tiny bit of this shade under my lower lash line.
To finish off this Mint Chocolate look:
- I used the wet/dry shadow Leopard from the Too Faced Cat Eyes palette
- I used the Chella Highlighter Crayon in Ivory Lace on my waterline to open my eyes
- Ofra for brows
- Maybelline Colossal Big Shot Mascara
I have been wearing this makeup currently a total of 8 hours now with no primer under it except for on the lid itself and there has been no creasing and no fading. These shadows perform as well on me as Urban Decay or Too Faced. I am in love. TOTAL WIN! And again….I paid a whooping $10 for this palette.
If you aren’t familiar with Makeup Revolution they have dupe palettes for a lot of popular makeup such as the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palettes or Urban Decay’s Naked palettes. These palettes range from $7-$15 and perform pretty well from what I’ve seen online. They also have blush palettes,lip kits and highlighters! Again,this brand is now being carried by Ulta so be sure to check them out!
Until next time…
Headed out for mint chocolate chip ice cream,