“Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and filé gumbo
Cause tonight I’m gonna see my ma cher amio…”
It’s Lundi Gras which means….tomorrow is Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday baby!!! It’s party time and I wanted to create something in traditional festival colors…
- Purple – symbolizes Justice.
- Gold – symbolizes Power.
- Green – symbolizes Faith.
Let’s jump in!
To create my Mardi Gras look I used the Urban Decay Spectrum palette and Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color in Gilt ( a beautiful gold). I didn’t want a bright yellow effect so I went for a more burnished light gold cut crease.
- I used Flatline as my browbone highlight
- I used Omen on my inner crease are and up
- Then I deepened that with Flashback
- I then used Junkie on my outer crease and up,working it through my entire crease and blending it in with Flashback. I left my lid clear to make a cut crease easier later
- I used Omen to blend out Flashback with Junkie
- For the cut crease I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden and then applied Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color in Guilt on top of that. Once that was set I applied Daybreak from the Spectrum palette over top using a brush wet with elf makeup mist and set
- Winged liner using Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner
- the Balm Mr. Write (Now) liner on the waterline in Scott
- Natural lashes by Ardell
- Eyebrows : Ofra
“Dress in style and go hog wild me oh my oh
Son of a gun we’ll have big fun on the bayou…”
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealor
- e.l.f powder
- Elizabeth Mott Blush in Show Me Your Cheeks in Peach Pink
- Pixi by Petra bronzer in Summertime for contour (cheeks,nose,chin)
- Colourpop highlighter in Monster (cheeks,nose)
For lips I used the Mr Write eye liner as a lip liner, the same Nudestix crayon all over then dabbed Omen from the UD palette in the middle.
I hope everyone’s having a great day and a fabulous start to the week! Its time to eat all the foods and drink all the drinks! Until next time….
Hanging out on the Bayou…